This “Escapes by Globus” tour happens during the off-season where there are milder temperatures, fewer crowds & better pricing! Better yet, as of today, Single Supplements are waived for select 2023/2024 Globus Escapes European Vacations! (just remember that capacity is limited and pricing & terms are always subject to change)
I took the above photo in a market in Sorrento. I loved visiting Italy!!
Visit some of Italy’s most iconic, romantic, and stunning locations on this escorted tour of Italy: from legendary Venice to Florence, Rome, and Sorrento. With fewer crowds and lower pricing, you’ll enjoy your time in Italy even more. What better way to start your Escape than with a delicious welcome dinner in Venice? Your Venetian experience also includes a private boat ride, a guided walking tour; a visit to St. Mark’s Square, the Doges’ Palace, and the Bridge of Sighs. Also witness the age-old tradition of glassblowing performed by a local artisan. Travel to Pisa—home of the famous Leaning Tower—before continuing on to Florence, considered to be the “Cradle of the Renaissance.” Florence is an art-lovers dream, and your sightseeing highlights include Michelangelo’s David statue in the Academy of Fine Arts. You’ll also travel to Assisi to visit the Basilica of St. Francis—named after the saint who sought the virtues of humility, forgiveness, simplicity, and best known for his love of God’s creatures.
Spend two nights in Rome where your Local Guide takes you to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, where you will see Michelangelo’s The Last Judgment. You’ll visit St. Peter’s Square and Basilica—with the artist’s marble-sculpted masterpiece, La Pietà. Drive to the Imperial Roman Forum area to visit the Colosseum—ancient arena of the gladiators. Journey along the Highway of the Sun to Pompeii—the legendary city both destroyed and preserved by erupting Mount Vesuvius. Get a sense of life during Rome’s ruling era with your expert Local Guide, then, continue to Sorrento for two nights. You’ll enjoy a full day of leisure in this charming bayside resort. Your Tour Director will share suggestions for spending free time in Sorrento. This is one Italy vacation you’ll remember not for the crowds, but for the ease of discovering these beautiful cities and sites of Bella Italia and Sorrento!
World Heritage Sites are designated by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) for having cultural, historical, scientific or other form of significance. The sites are judged to contain cultural and natural heritage around the world considered to be of outstanding value to humanity.The following UNESCO World Heritage Sites can be seen or visited on this vacation:
- Archeological Site of Pompeii
- Assisi (the Basilica of San Francesco)
- Historic Centre of Florence
- Historic Centre of Rome – various properties Vatican City
- Piazza del Duomo Pisa
- Venice and its Lagoon
The next three photos are from the trip I took with my parents to Pompeii in November of 2017:
Globus takes you beyond the guidebooks with more ways to discover each destination.
- Every Globus tour includes their exclusive Local Favorites, specially included to share the authentic experiences that make each destination unique. Get to know the locals and local flavors you might just miss on your own!
- Discover something unexpected and unforgettable in the special way only Globus can share—with sightseeing highlights to off-the-beaten-path surprises to out-of-this world moments you’ll remember for a lifetime!
- Explore or relax as you please, or choose exciting options available at MyGlobus. Get local maps and free time tips on your GlobusGO mobile app. Your Tour Director can suggest the perfect way to design your day!
ARRIVE IN VENICE ISLAND, ITALY
- Welcome to Venice! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. Dinner is included today
- VENICE Private Boat Ride. Guided walking tour includes St. Mark’s Square and views of the Basilica, Doges’ Palace and the Bridge of Sighs. Glassblower demonstration and free time. ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Venice with a Gondola ride. This and many more options throughout your tour are available. Breakfast is included today.
- PISA Take photos near the Leaning Tower on the way to Florence.
Breakfast is included today
- FLORENCE Guided sightseeing includes Michelangelo’s masterpiece, David, at the Academy of Fine Arts, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistry’s heavy bronze “Gates of Paradise,” and Signoria Square. Then on to Assisi. Breakfast & Dinner are included today.
Assisi – visit the Basilica of St. Francis. Free time this evening. Breakfast is included today.
- ROME Guided sightseeing includes the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and Basilica, and the Colosseum. Free afternoon. Breakfast is included today.
- POMPEII Guided walking tour of the excavations.
Scenic drive en route to Sorrento. Breakfast is included today
SORRENTO Orientation walk. Free time this afternoon. Farewell dinner. Breakfast & Dinner are included today.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (The nearest airport is Naples) Breakfast is included today.
I’m not lying when I say that Italy is a “Must-See” for yourself. I absolutely loved visiting this beautiful country, and when I visited in November 2017, the weather was fantastic… warm days that may have been slightly chilly, (anything below 65 is cold to this Floridian!) but not HOT! It was a very nice time to visit!
Are you ready to begin planning your amazing vacation through Italy? Send me an email, and let’s get to work! Currently, pricing begins at $1,859.00, per person, for select dates in 2023. Tours book up quickly, so don’t delay!