As a traveler, I know you’re interested in every way in the world to experience the world. And in 2023 or 20024, your ticket to AWESOME just might be a river cruise – with help from the award-winning company, Avalon Waterways!
HOTELS IN THE HEART OF THE ACTION
Imagine the perfect hotel that goes with you. That’s what you get with Avalon — a floating, “boat”-ique hotel that takes you to postcard-perfect destinations, providing you the chance to walk off the ship and into wonder, morning until night — without packing/unpacking your bags!
WIDEST VIEWS IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD
There’s only one point of view on an Avalon Waterways’ river cruise — the SUITE view! Panorama Suites are their standard stateroom (available on two full decks on every ship!), providing you 200 square feet of room space and the industry’s only Open-Air Balconies! These wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows open 11 feet wide to invite the outdoors inside, without compromising room space. But, that’s not all! Panorama Suites offer you beds that face the views for which river cruising is famous.
No other fleet of river cruise ships offers you a view of the world like Avalon Suite Ships,® featuring Avalon Panorama SuitesSM. Thirty percent larger than the industry standard, they’re actually river cruising’s only Open–Air Balcony® — with nothing between you and the view. While other river cruise cabins are designed with beds against a wall for a view of another wall, their Comfort Collection BedsSM actually face the view with the widest-opening, wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows in river cruising. Think of it as a view with a room!
PERFECTLY PLANNED ITINERARIES
Avalon Waterways works with their sister company, Globus Journeys’ land team to take their guests from the decks of their ships to discover in mere minutes!
EXPERT TOUR DIRECTORS, LOCAL GUIDES AND CREW
On an Avalon Waterways’ River Cruise, you’ll enjoy better settings thanks to their best-in-the-business Cruise Directors & Local Guides.
Avalon doesn’t just reserve the warmth and comfort for your room on an Avalon river cruise — they share their welcoming spirit throughout the entire ship and carry it onto shore. From the Captain and Cruise Director to your stateroom attendant and wait staff, they deliver exquisite service that’s professional, courteous, and informative. Their approach is never stuffy, but creates an atmosphere of relaxed luxury — like their casual and comfortable dress code that’s defined only by your individual preference. After all, your comfort is their top priority, both on and off the ship. Your friendly Local Guides are there to greet you at every port with engaging tales that bring you closer to your destination. Whether you’re on board or on shore, they take special care to ensure that you are perfectly taken care of every step of the way.
NEWS, MOVES, BREWS & VIEWS
The Panorama Lounge invites you to gather for port talks, Happy Hours, onboard tastings, & evening entertainment. It is the most frequented space on their Suite Ships. Here, their mixologists go bananas creating cocktails, mocktails and smoothies that truly pack a punch!
HAPPY ON TAP
The Club Lounge is the “living room” of each of their Suite Ships, inviting guests to enjoy quiet moments of reflection and a whole “latte” yum with all-you-can-drink, complimentary, premium cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolates, a selection of teas, and fresh-baked goodies!
LAP OF LUXURY
The Sky Deck of your Suite Ship measures between 110-135 meters (depending on the ship). That’s roughly the size of a football field and beckons you to breathe in the fresh air and let the wind blow through your soul as you sail Europe’s romantic rivers!
THE AVALON TOUCH IN EVERY DETAIL
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on board daily
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with lunch and dinner are included daily on board
- Expert Cruise Director
- Avalon Adventure Host available as your guide for fitness activities and active excursions
- Friendly, English-speaking staff delivering consummate personal service
- Avalon Choice® with your preference of Classic, Active, or Discovery included excursions and sightseeing with Certified Local Guides; and MyAvalonSM Guided Optional Excursions
- AvalonGO mobile app with itinerary information before and during your cruise, including schedules, transfer details, daily itineraries, GPS, and dining and entertainment options—and social media feature for real-time posts.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the ship
- Complimentary computer stations
- Sky Deck shade system & premium lounge chairs
- Sky Deck whirlpool
- Sky Deck game area
- Sky Grill with made-to-order al fresco dining
- State-of-the-art Fitness Center
- Panorama Lounge with cozy seating, panoramic windows, and dance floor
- Panorama Dining Room with large panoramic views
- Observation Lounge
- Upscale bar serving premium spirits; fresh fruit available throughout the day
- Adventure Center with Avalon Adventure Host assistance, active gear, bicycles, and fitness class information
- Club Lounge Library with books, cards, and board games
- Non-smoking interior
- Complimentary water stations
- Spacious outside deluxe accommodations with enhanced soundproofing
- Exclusive Comfort Collection Beds
- Large private bathroom featuring full shower with glass door
- Premium personal amenities, including L’Occitane® bath products
- English language TV channels with 50+ free movies
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, and a selection of teas; cookies available throughout the da
Are you ready to set sail on an Avalon Waterways River Cruise? Whether it’s a Tulip Time cruise sailing in Holland & Belgium, a cruise on the “Romantic Rhine” or a Christmas Markets cruise on the Danube, (or even on the Mekong River in Southeast Asia) Avalon has a great itinerary & ship for you!
Give me a shout, and let’s plan your perfect river cruise vacation!