Just because the Canadian Rockies is home to some of the most rugged terrain in North America doesn’t mean you have to rough it! Under brilliantly lit skies, you’ll relish three of the region’s most coveted five-star resorts on this pampering tour of the Canadian Rockies. With overnight stays at the renowned Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, and the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, also known as the “Castle of the Rockies,” you can expect nothing less than the royal treatment. Majestic views await as you enjoy a guided walk along the turquoise waters of Lake Louise, a peaceful cruise on the gleaming Maligne Lake, and a thrilling Ice Explorer ride through the vast Columbia Icefield – while exceptional creature comforts welcome you back from the wilderness. Balancing the great outdoors with the grand indoors, this Canadian Rockies vacation is the perfect marriage of peaks and pools, conifers and concierge, and sparkling lakes and spas.
SEVEN DAY TOUR FROM CALGARY TO CALGARY
ARRIVE IN CALGARY, ALBERTA
Welcome to Calgary, where cowboys still ride tall in the saddle below the skyline of Alberta’s “Cow Town.” At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travel companions for a welcome drink.
CITY SLICKERS AND SAPPHIRE SHORES
- Take an orientation drive through cosmopolitan Calgary before heading to Lake Louise. Upon arrival, take a leisurely guided heritage walk along the legendary lakeshore. Free time this afternoon and evening at the exclusive Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
Breakfast & Dinner are included today.
WILDERNESS IN WATERCOLOR Explore the breathtaking shores of Lake Louise where its bright blue surface mirrors the sky between Banff’s high peaks. Hear its storied history-from the early Stoney Nakoda First Nations people who named it “lake of the little fishes” to the bold railroad barons of the Canadian Pacific Railway. Hear fascinating stories of frontiersmen and First Nations who first discovered the exquisite waters of Lake Louise.
NATURAL WONDERS IN THE ROCKIES
- Scenic drive on Icefields Parkway reveals spectacular vistas, including the picturesque Peyto Lake (weather permitting). Next stop, Jasper National Park, a Dark Sky Preserve and the largest national park in the Canadian Rockies. Enjoy free time this afternoon.
Breakfast & Dinner are included today.
PICTURE PERFECT Nestled between the pines and peaks, see for yourself why Peyto Lake is one of the most photographed natural beauties in North America. This azure alpine lake strikes the pose as a model of perfection, delivering a visual feast you must see to believe!
ACCOMMODATION SPOTLIGHT Settle in for a cozy cabin-style 2-night retreat in superbly appointed guest rooms. The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge delivers all the comforts of home with a touch of luxury in the wilderness. Set deep in the Canadian Rockies, the lodge’s rugged elegance makes it the embodiment of peace, tranquility, and natural beauty. Enjoy a wide variety of onsite amenities to welcome you home from a day of exploring with views of surrounding mountains and Beauvert Lake.
JASPER. EXCURSION TO MALIGNE LAKE
THE WILDERNESS SPIRIT
- A scenic cruise on Maligne Lake to Spirit Island reveals the wild beauty of an alpine wonderland. Free time this afternoon and evening in Jasper National Park.
Breakfast is included today.
NATURAL WONDERS Find your head in the clouds with a cruise across the waters of Maligne Lake. Between the silver and green glacial peaks, experience the views from the largest lake in Jasper National Park. Glide on the waters to Spirit Island, one of the most photographed spots on Earth. Keep your camera ready for further chances to capture a photo of deer, moose, eagle, or bears in this Rocky Mountain paradise.
MOVING MOUNTAINS AND LIFTING HEARTS
- Depart Jasper with a scenic drive on Icefields Parkway en route to Columbia Icefield. Explore how landscapes are shaped with an epic ride aboard the mighty Columbia Ice Explorer all-terrain vehicle with a Glaciologist Guide. Continue through Banff National Park to discover breathtaking beauty beyond imagination. Drive through Banff’s mountain cathedrals that tower above Natural Bridge, Kicking Horse River, and Emerald Lake. Free time this evening.
Breakfast is included today.
EPIC RIDE Be moved by an expedition across the Athabasca Glacier. Traverse this massive glacier aboard the all-terrain Columbia Ice Explorer and walk on the surface where the Earth’s geology is changing beneath your feet. Feel the force of nature’s strength on an ancient glacier that still carves the face of the Rocky Mountains today.
ACCOMMODATION SPOTLIGHT For over a century, the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, has been the destination for luxury in the heart of Alberta’s Canadian Rockies. The Scottish-style “Castle of the Rockies” welcomes guests to retire each night with dining choices and lounges, Afternoon Tea, and room service. In Scottish tradition, a 27-hole golf course offers a game or two, with added diversions of a spa, tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub, horseback riding, gift shops, convenience store, and concierge service.
PEAK PERFECTION AND ROYAL TRADITION
- Explore Banff National Park with a scenic drive around Tunnel Mountain and witness the wonder of Bow River Falls with views of the peaks of the Canadian Rockies. Later, take advantage of an optional helicopter flightseeing trip with dramatic aerial views of the Rocky Mountains and Banff, or stroll the town’s colorful streets. Meet an officer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to hear tales in true Mounties tradition. Farewell dinner this evening.
Breakfast & Dinner is included today.
HEROES ON HORSEBACK As the song goes, Canadian Mounties “always get their man.” Since the early days of the Northwest Territory, these brave members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have patrolled the mountains of Alberta and beyond with dignified duty. While visiting Banff, visit with a Canadian Mountie as a tip of the signature wide-brimmed hat begins the tales of adventure since the turn of the century, including the tradition behind the famous red jackets and regulation jodhpurs”
- Depart Banff with a morning drive to Calgary. Your vacation ends at Calgary International Airport or the Calgary tour hotel for those with post-nights. Schedule flights to depart from Calgary International Airport after 2 pm.
Breakfast is included this morning.
During this tour, you’ll be staying at:
Calgary — Westin Calgary
Lake Louise — Fairmont Chateau Lake Louse
Jasper National Park — Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Banff National Park — Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
These hotels have been vetted and hand-selected with location, comfort, and style in mind. Enjoy first-class hotels in each destination, and check in with the confidence that we’ve already checked everything out for your comfort and convenience.
Are you ready to begin planning your trip to the Canadian Rockies, visiting two, UNESCO World Heritage Sites Banff National Park & Jasper National Park? Send me an email, and let’s get to work. Currently, pricing begins at $4,102 per person for select dates for travel in July, August & September of 2023. Tours book up quickly, so don’t delay!