Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the peaceful quiet of winter, it’s also easier to hear the howl of the coyote, the scream of the bald eagle, and the distinct crunch of elk hooves trudging through the fallen snow. It’s a little known secret that one of the coolest times of year to see the wonders of Yellowstone is when its golden hues turn to glistening white. Fewer crowds of people are replaced with bigger herds of bison while the favorite modes of transportation become snowcoaches, skis, and snowshoes. Get ready to gush as you see the steaming spurts of Old Faithful, the thundering Lower Falls, and the wildlife-filled Lamar Valley in a totally different light. This Yellowstone vacation takes you to the winter wonderlands of Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho where additional highlights include traveling through the peaks of the Grand Tetons and a sleigh ride through Jackson’s National Elk Refuge. Jingle all the way.
SEVEN DAY TOUR FROM JACKSON TO JACKSON
ARRIVE IN JACKSON – , WYOMING
WELCOME TO THE “WILD WEST” TOWN OF JACKSON
- Welcome to WYOMING
- At 6 pm, meet with your travel companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.
JACKSON–GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK–YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
SLEIGH BELLS RING!
- Your day begins in the nearby National Elk Refuge with a fun and exhilarating included sleigh ride excursion. You’ll depart Jackson and travel through Grand Teton National Park, where some of the majestic peaks soar beyond 13,000 feet. At Flagg Ranch, board a snowcoach and begin your journey through Yellowstone National Park, the world’s first national park. Along the way, marvel at the West Thumb Geyser Basin on the shores of Lake Yellowstone, the Continental Divide, and Shoshone Point Overlook before arriving at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge for a relaxing 2-night stay.
Breakfast & Dinner are included today
EPIC RIDE As many as 10,000 elk congregate here each winter, the largest concentration of wintering elk in the world. Your sleigh will travel among these magnificent creatures for a truly up-close experience. Be sure to keep your camera ready as we watch for a wealth of other wildlife in residence this time of year, including wolves, coyotes, moose, bison, trumpeter swans, hawks, and even bald eagles.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
AMERICA’S FIRST NATIONAL PARK
- Wake up this morning to the fresh, crisp air of Yellowstone in the winter. After breakfast, enjoy a guided walking tour of the Upper Geyser Basin. The remainder of the day is at leisure. Why not try a typical winter activity like snowshoeing or cross-country skiing? Later, relax with a warm drink by the crackling fire.
Breakfast & Dinner are included today.
NATURAL WONDERS Experience the otherworldly beauty of Yellowstone in winter with a guided walking tour of the Upper Geyser Basin. The greatest geothermal basin on Earth, this region also features the extraordinary sights of world-famous Old Faithful, which erupts with regularity throughout the day, as well as other less predictable geysers, including Castle, Daisy, Riverside, and Grand Geysers. An incredible and invigorating experience.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK
GEYSERS, POTS, AND FALLS
- Travel north through the park today by snowcoach, with stops to see the Lower Geyser Basin’s famous Fountain Paint Pots—named for the reds, yellows, and browns of the mud. At the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, see the thundering Lower Falls which are nearly twice the height of Niagara (weather permitting). Have your cameras ready as winter is ideal for wildlife spotting in the bright reflective snow. Later, enjoy a box lunch while continuing to the northern part of the park for mesmerizing Mammoth Hot Springs, where heat, water, limestone, and rock fractures have created a unique terrace feature. Overnight at historic Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel where relaxing in the Map Room with a glass of wine are among the activities you can enjoy.
Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner are included today.
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK–WEST YELLOWSTONE, MONTANA
WILD BY NATURE
- This morning, join our excursion to Lamar Valley, the magical “Serengeti of North America.” Next, we travel to Bozeman, Montana, before heading south to the town of West Yellowstone. With your free time this afternoon, consider visiting the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center to learn more about these intriguing predators as you encounter them up close.
Breakfast is included today.
WILD & WONDERFUL Situated in the northeast section of the park, Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley carves a vast U-shaped valley from millions of years of glaciers during the last ice age. Here, you’ll have the perfect vantage point from which to spot thrilling wildlife in their natural habitat. Watch for elk, bison, and wolves in this high-country paradise!
WEST YELLOWSTONE–JACKSON – , WYOMING
THE PEAK OF PERFECTION
- After breakfast, board your motorcoach for a journey through Idaho. Get a different perspective of the Tetons as we travel along Idaho’s western side edge of Yellowstone and the western slope of the Tetons for breathtaking views of the highest peak on the range: Grand Teton itself, which rises to an elevation of 13,777 feet above sea level. Tonight, celebrate your adventure with a festive farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Breakfast & Dinner is included today.
SPECTACULAR SIGHTS The Grand Teton Range is the youngest mountain range in the Rockies and some of the youngest peaks in the world. Mere youngsters, these jagged masterpieces born of earthquakes and glaciers just 2 million years ago. With eight peaks towering over 12,000 feet, the grandest of all is Grand Teton itself at over 13,700 feet. So treasured is this magnificent national park that three presidents (Coolidge, FDR, and Truman) all fiercely fought for more land to be protected and preserved in the 310,000-acre Grand Teton National Park enjoyed today.
SAFE TRAVELS UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN!
- Your vacation ends with the included breakfast this morning.
Every Globus tour includes their exclusive Local Favorites, specially included to share the authentic experiences that make each destination unique. Get to know the locals and local flavors you might just miss on your own! Discover something unexpected and unforgettable in the special way only Globus can share—with sightseeing highlights to off-the-beaten-path surprises to out-of-this world moments you’ll remember for a lifetime!
Are you ready to begin planning your 2023 Winter Vacation? Give me a shout, and let’s get started on planning your Winter Wonderland today.