Normally, I don’t sleep well. I always struggle going to sleep, and sometimes it takes hours for me to fall asleep. But, when I’m at sea, I usually sleep really great. If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time, you know my favorite cruise line is Princess Cruises. It’s my favorite cruise experience for many reasons…but today, I’m going to talk about just one of my favorite things…The Princess Luxury Bed.
Way back in 2019 (that sounds like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it? At least it does for a Travel Planner!) Princess upgraded all of their mattresses to the Princess Luxury Bed for all of their cabins. After sleeping on them on previous cruises, I’m so happy that now every cabin will have this wonderful bed!
Your Wellness is Princess Cruises’ Commitment
At Princess Cruises®, we’re committed to ensuring our guests come back from their vacation feeling refreshed, renewed and rejuvenated. That’s why with your overall wellness in mind. And with over 44,000 beds rolling out to every stateroom across the fleet through 2019, we’re thrilled to deliver the ultimate night of sleep for our guests!
The Princess Luxury Bed was created in conjunction with Dr. Michael Breus—who served as the official sleep expert of WebMD and appears regularly on the Dr. Oz Show—to create a mattress utilizing the latest in sleep science research and technology for the ultimate night of sleep on board.
Investing in the Sleep Experience
Developed exclusively for Princess by the manufacturer of some of the most comfortable hotel beds in the world, our luxurious new beds will envelop guests in opulent style and pure, blissful comfort.
We’ve invested in ultra-premium features including a plush two-inch thick pillow top, a nine-inch single sided medium firm mattress for enhanced support, individually wrapped coils for less partner disturbance, a European-inspired duvet and 100% luxurious Jacquard-woven cotton linens.
Cradled in Comfort
Medium firm nine-inch single-sided mattress provides superior support while a plush two-inch pillow top mattress-topper* cradles you in comfort.
Fine Bed Linens
Constructed from 100% luxurious, long staple cotton and woven on Jacquard looms for the highest quality of production.
With a continuous-filament fiberfill of hypoallergenic 100% virgin polyester to maximize loft without compromising climate comfort.
King-sized Feather Pillow*
Deluxe pillow options (feather or non-allergenic micro fiber)
According to board-certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus, “It’s important to remember that above all, sleep is a sensory experience. In fact, all five of your senses must be prepared for slumber in order for sleep to come easily and last all night long.” To prepare our guests for the ultimate night of sleep at sea, we consulted with Dr. Breus to optimize our staterooms for a sleep-friendly sensory experience.
“It’s important to have a sleep system that cradles you in comfort while providing good support. It’s the mattress, pillow, sheets, duvet, everything. And don’t forget the gentle rocking motion of the ship.”
- We developed The Princess Luxury Bed for optimal sleep with Dr. Michael Breus
- The gentle rocking motion of our ships has been scientifically proven to help you sleep
- Our crew can adjust your stateroom thermostat for optimal sleep temperature
- Find a personalized pillow and pillow-top menu in your stateroom, featuring The Dreampad, a pillow that uses patented technology to deliver music through gentle vibration, which stimulates your body’s relaxation response and allows you to reduce anxiety and fall asleep.*
“Almost no other sense can affect your sleep like sight, or light. We know that your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep is directly related to how much or what type of light is in your stateroom.”
- Morning sunlight from your Princess balcony resets your internal clock and reduces jet lag
- Princess provides blackout curtains to block outdoor light and foster melatonin production
- At turndown you’ll find Dr. Breus SLEEP tips plus local sleep habits for the destinations you’ll visit
- We offer eye shades to shield your eyes from light which inhibits sleep*
“If it is a snoring bed partner, or your environment, sound affects your sleep. Did you know that the sound of the ocean is one of the only sounds known to help lull you into a blissful slumber?”
- Tune into the SLEEP Channel on your stateroom TV for relaxing music by MusiCure*, proven to help you fall asleep based on years of evidence-based medical research.
- Princess provides guided SLEEP meditation audio from Dr. Breus to induce sleep.
- We offer ear plugs to block out noises which interrupt sleep–like a snoring bed partner!
*MusiCure is presented by Scandic Health LLC.
“Never underestimate the power of your nose! Aromatherapy has been scientifically proven to help a person relax. And with that relaxation comes a great night’s sleep.”
- Available upon request, Princess dusts your linens with the soothing scent of lavender
“What we eat affects our sleep – it is as simple as that. Look for SLEEP-friendly evening meals and snacks on our room service menu.”
- Discover sensible evening food options noted on our room service menu
- We offer calming teas such as chamomile and Dr. Breus’ banana tea as seen on the Dr. Oz Show
*Complimentary for guests in Full Suites. Select items available for nominal fee for all other guests.
I hope that this has opened your eyes as to how much Princess Cruises thinks about your comfort while on board. It’s just one of the details that make a Princess Cruise memorable! In fact, guests have loved their beds so much, Princess actually has made available to purchase their beds. You can learn more about the Princess Luxury Bed here.
If you would like to begin planning your own Princess Cruises vacation…give me a shout, I’ll help you decide if Princess Cruises is right for you!